sqoop-user mailing list archives

From "Peleg, Eyal" <eyal.pe...@intel.com>
Subject RE: sqoop export - parse exception
Date Sun, 09 Jun 2013 15:36:10 GMT
I tried without using the " input-escaped-by" statement, and it threw an exception.
Only when I did use this statement, and even though they both had the same value, the first
table I mentioned went through successfully.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jarek Jarcec Cecho [mailto:jarcec@apache.org]
Sent: Sunday, June 09, 2013 17:58
To: user@sqoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: sqoop export - parse exception

Hi Peleg,
I'm not sure that using the same value for both --input-fields-terminated-by and --input-escaped-by
is correct. Is your input really delimited and at the same time escaped by tabulators?

Jarcec

On Sun, Jun 09, 2013 at 11:39:51AM +0000, Peleg, Eyal wrote:
> My export command is as follows:
>

> sqoop export --connect 'jdbc:sqlserver://papdb-dev.intel.com:3180;username=epmsysadm;password=s!peruser;
DATABASE=AdvancedBIsystem' --table testing --export-dir  /user/eyapeleg/test --input-fields-terminated-by
'\t'  --input-escaped-by '\t'  --lines-terminated-by '\n' --username epmsysadm --password
's!peruser'

> *note! I used tab delimited format.
>
> I'm able to export the following table:
>
> a              a
> b             b
>
> but  fail to export the next one:
>
> aa           a
> bb           a
>
> I get a parse exception:
>
> java.io.IOException: Could not parse record: aa a
>         at org.apache.sqoop.mapreduce.TextExportMapper.map(TextExportMapper.java:80)
>         at org.apache.sqoop.mapreduce.TextExportMapper.map(TextExportMapper.java:36)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Mapper.run(Mapper.java:144)
>         at org.apache.sqoop.mapreduce.AutoProgressMapper.run(AutoProgressMapper.java:183)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.runNewMapper_aroundBody4(MapTask.java:813)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask$AjcClosure5.run(MapTask.java:1)
>         at
> org.aspectj.runtime.reflect.JoinPointImpl.proceed(JoinPointImpl.java:1
> 49)
>
> Best Regards,

> Intel Electronics Ltd.

Intel Electronics Ltd.