sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Dave Speer <dsp...@incisent.com>
Subject sqoop expert --call stored proc failing "Column 'ORDINAL_POSITION' not found."
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2013 12:45:26 GMT
Trying to use Sqoop to export calling a proc (so I can insert only new records without job
failure) on Amazon AWS and JDBC is throwing an error on

conn.getMetaData().getProcedureColumns(null, null, "LoadStores", null);

This is Sqoop 1.4.3 I am using mysql-connector-java-5.1.24-bin.jar in sqoop-1.4.3.bin__hadoop-1.0.0/lib/

I am on Amazon AMI verion 2.3.1, hadoop version 1.0.3

I can't seem to find any documentation on versioning, if the issue is with my hadoop version,
my java version, my JDBC connector, etc.

My command line is

sqoop-1.4.3.bin__hadoop-1.0.0/bin/sqoop export --connect jdbc:mysql://{a valid URL} --username
{valid user} --password {valid password} --export-dir=/DeltaStores/ --num-mappers 4 --call
LoadStores --input-fields-terminated-by='|'

I wrote a Java unit test and see that getProcedureColumns() does not return ORDINAL_POSITION
(from INFORMATION_SCHEMA.parameters) but instead returns the following column list:

PROCEDURE_CAT

PROCEDURE_SCHEM

PROCEDURE_NAME

COLUMN_NAME

COLUMN_TYPE

DATA_TYPE

TYPE_NAME

PRECISION

LENGTH

SCALE

RADIX

NULLABLE

REMARKS

Any help/ideas guys?  I have tried to browse the changeset for SQOOP-749 to see if I could
see what the code was doing and why it was failing.

in this e-mail is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended only for the use of the
addressee(s) named herein. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure,
dissemination, distribution, copying, or use of the contents of this message or its attachments
is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately
by return e-mail and delete the original message from your system.