sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Michal Taborsky <michal.tabor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unable to connect to oracle database from sqoop
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2013 07:29:30 GMT
Well, it looks that you indeed do not have a service "cp" running on your
listener (service is something different than SID, is something different
than database name and is something different than instance name). Does
your connection work from sqlplus for example? If you have the contents of
the tnsnames.ora, just paste the whole connection string from there (just
compact it so it is on one line). Or post the contents of the tnsnames.ora
file here and I can give you some more guidance.

Michal