sqoop-user mailing list archives

From <shouvanik.hal...@accenture.com>
Subject Not able to import data from "MYSQL table with composite key" to HBASE
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2013 12:39:12 GMT
Hi,

The requirement is:

I have a MYSQL table with composite key :

CREATE TABLE track(   album CHAR(10) NOT NULL,   dsk INTEGER NOT NULL,   posn INTEGER NOT
NULL,   song VARCHAR(255),   PRIMARY KEY (album, dsk, posn) );

I browsed on GOOGLE and found out that SQOOP version 1.4.3 supports composite key -> http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@sqoop.apache.org/msg05109.html

After downloading the bundle->http://apache.spinellicreations.com/sqoop/1.4.3/ and installing
it, I ran the sqoop command as below to achieve the same

bin/sqoop import -connect jdbc:mysql://localhost/arijitdb --username user --table track --hbase-table
track --column-family rating --hbase-row-key album,dsk,posn --hbase-create-table

But, when I query the HBASE table, I find that indeed a table is created with name track
but, there is no data inside.

Can anybody please help?

Regards,
Shouvanik