sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Mengwei Ding <mengwei.d...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Sqoop 1.99.2 + Cloud Era Hadoop 200 error
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2013 17:35:42 GMT
Thank you for your prompt response, sir. Please don't worry, I can help you
out with this until your problem is done.

Well, let's try out our new method of adding dependency jar files, and
forget about the addtowar.sh script.

Please following these instructions:

"
Installing Dependencies

Hadoop libraries must be available on node where you are planning to run
Sqoop server with proper configuration for major services - NameNode and
either JobTracker or ResourceManager depending whether you are running
Hadoop 1 or 2. There is no need to run any Hadoop service on the same node
as Sqoop server, just the libraries and configuration must be available.

Path to Hadoop libraries is stored in file catalina.properties inside
directory server/conf. You need to change property called common.loader to
contain all directories with your Hadoop libraries. The default expected
locations are /usr/lib/hadoop and /usr/lib/hadoop/lib/. Please check out
the comments in the file for further description how to configure different
locations.

Lastly you might need to install JDBC drivers that are not bundled with
Sqoop because of incompatible licenses. You can add any arbitrary Java jar
file to Sqoop server by copying it into lib/ directory. You can create this
directory if it do not exists already.
"

I can give you my configuration as an example. So in my catalina.properties
file, I have the following line:

*
common.loader=${catalina.base}/lib,${catalina.base}/lib/*.jar,${catalina.home}/lib,${catalina.home}/lib/*.jar,${catalina.home}/../lib/*.jar,/usr/lib/hadoop/client-0.20/*.jar,/home/mengweid/Downloads/mysql-connector-java-5.1.25-bin.jar
*

The */usr/lib/hadoop/client-0.20/*.jar *is used to include all
hadoop-related jars, and *mysql-connector-java-5.1.25-bin.jar *is used for
JDBC driver.

Please try this, and let me know whether it works. Thank you.

Best,
Mengwei

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 9:18 AM, Madhanmohan Savadamuthu
<ermadhan@gmail.com>wrote:

> [...]
>>  commons-cli-1.2.jar
>> commons-configuration-1.6.jar
>> commons-dbcp-1.4.jar
>> commons-lang-2.5.jar
>> commons-logging-1.1.1.jar
>> commons-pool-1.5.4.jar
>> derby-10.8.2.2.jar
>> guava-11.0.2.jar
>> hadoop-auth-2.0.0-cdh4.3.0.jar
>> hadoop-common-2.0.0-cdh4.3.0.jar
>> *hadoop-core-2.0.0-mr1-cdh4.3.0.jar*
>> hadoop-hdfs-2.0.0-cdh4.3.0.jar
>> hadoop-mapreduce-client-app-2.0.0-cdh4.3.0.jar
>> hadoop-mapreduce-client-common-2.0.0-cdh4.3.0.jar
>> hadoop-mapreduce-client-core-2.0.0-cdh4.3.0.jar
>> hadoop-mapreduce-client-jobclient-2.0.0-cdh4.3.0.jar
>> hadoop-yarn-api-2.0.0-cdh4.3.0.jar
>> hadoop-yarn-common-2.0.0-cdh4.3.0.jar
>>  jackson-core-asl-1.8.8.jar
>> jackson-mapper-asl-1.8.8.jar
>> json-simple-1.1.jar
>> log4j-1.2.16.jar
>> mysql-connector-java-5.1.25-bin.jar
>> protobuf-java-2.4.0a.jar
>> slf4j-api-1.6.1.jar
>> slf4j-log4j12-1.6.1.jar
>> sqoop-common-1.99.2.jar
>> sqoop-connector-generic-jdbc-1.99.2.jar
>> sqoop-core-1.99.2.jar
>> sqoop-execution-mapreduce-1.99.2-hadoop200.jar
>> sqoop-repository-derby-1.99.2.jar
>> sqoop-spi-1.99.2.jar
>> sqoop-submission-mapreduce-1.99.2-hadoop200.jar
>>
>> I have the same Hadoop and Sqoop2 installation directories with you. And
>> I am running a pseudo cluster in a single Ubuntu virtual machine.
>>
>> So, now, you could try to add the hadoop-core.jar manually, and then go
>> ahead to see whether the sqoop2 server could run. Please follow the
>> following steps:
>>
>> *./bin/addtowar.sh
>> -jars /usr/lib/hadoop-0.20-mapreduce/hadoop-core-2.0.0-mr1-cdh4.3.0.jar*
>>
>> Please find the hadoop-core.jar in your own machine. It should be in a
>> similar place. But still, if you have problem, please let me know.
>>

>> The reason why it's better to remove the "sqoop" folder is to clear the
>> cached old servlet. Because Tomcat cannot alway extract the sqoop.war file
>> immediately after you add dependency library to sqoop.war file. By removing
>> the sqoop folder, the Tomcat is forced to extract the sqoop.war to keep the
>> sqoop folder up-to-date. So in this way, you could know whether you have
>> correctly setup the dependency library. Does this explanation help?
>>
>> Best,
>> Mengwei
>>

>> On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 9:19 PM, Madhanmohan Savadamuthu <
>> ermadhan@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi  Mengwei,
>>>
>>> Following are details
>>>
>>> Hadoop Version: Hadoop 2.0.0-cdh4.2.1
>>> Linux Version: Linux version 2.6.32-358.2.1.el6.x86_64 (
>>> mockbuild@x86-023.build.eng.bos.redhat.com) (gcc version 4.4.7 20120313
>>> (Red Hat 4.4.7-3) (GCC) ) #1 SMP Wed Feb 20 12:17:37 EST 2013
>>> Hadoop Installation Location: /usr/lib/hadoop
>>> Sqoop2 Installation Location: /usr/lib/sqoop2
>>> Sqoop2 Dependency Configuration  Command Used: ./bin/addtowar.sh

>>> hadoop-auth-2.0.0-cdh4.2.1.jar
>>> hadoop-common-2.0.0-cdh4.2.1-tests.jar
>>> hadoop-hdfs-2.0.0-cdh4.2.1.jar
>>> hadoop-mapreduce-client-app-2.0.0-cdh4.2.1.jar
>>> hadoop-mapreduce-client-common-2.0.0-cdh4.2.1.jar
>>> hadoop-mapreduce-client-core-2.0.0-cdh4.2.1.jar
>>> hadoop-mapreduce-client-jobclient-2.0.0-cdh4.2.1.jar
>>> hadoop-yarn-api-2.0.0-cdh4.2.1.jar
>>> hadoop-yarn-common-2.0.0-cdh4.2.1.jar
>>> jackson-core-asl-1.8.8.jar
>>> jackson-mapper-asl-1.8.8.jar
>>> json-simple-1.1.jar
>>> log4j-1.2.16.jar
>>> mysql-connector-java-5.1.25-bin.jar
>>> protobuf-java-2.4.0a.jar
>>> slf4j-api-1.6.1.jar
>>> slf4j-log4j12-1.6.1.jar
>>> sqoop-common-1.99.2.jar
>>> sqoop-connector-generic-jdbc-1.99.2.jar
>>> sqoop-core-1.99.2.jar
>>> sqoop-execution-mapreduce-1.99.2-hadoop200.jar
>>> sqoop-repository-derby-1.99.2.jar
>>> sqoop-spi-1.99.2.jar
>>> sqoop-submission-mapreduce-1.99.2-hadoop200.jar
>>>
>>> Can you elaborate more about deletion of 'sqoop' folder?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Madhanmohan S

When I try to show version --all command, following error is