sqoop-user mailing list archives

From VKing Gorri <vkinggo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Capture record cound using sqoop eval
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2013 05:47:06 GMT
Hi Jarcec,

Thanks for your suggestion, I take this one.

Thanks,
Varun

________________________________
 From: Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jarcec@apache.org>
To: user@sqoop.apache.org; VKing Gorri <vkinggorri@yahoo.com>
Sent: Sunday, August 11, 2013 11:07 AM
Subject: Re: Capture record cound using sqoop eval

Hi VKing,
Sqoop is highly optimized tool for transferring data between relational databases and Hadoop
ecosystem. It's not a general purpose querying tool. The tool "eval" stands for "evaluation"
and should be used only for validating the connection status using simple queries. It should
not be used in production workflows. I would suggest to use mysql utility itself for this
purpose.

Jarcec

On Thu, Aug 08, 2013 at 05:00:57PM -0700, VKing Gorri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to store record count of a MySQL table in a variable using sqoop eval. How
could I suppress the formatting from the QueryResult and just get count so that I could export
the value to a variable?  Please suggest.