sqoop-user mailing list archives

From shengjie min <kelvin....@gmail.com>
Subject does --hbase-row-key support multiple columns?
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2013 07:29:15 GMT
Hi Guys,

I am importing mysql table to HBase using sqoop. Normally, HBase's row key is not consisted
just by one column, it normally is a combination among two or three columns + the timestamp,
e.g. row key = ${col1}${col2}${timestamp}. I can't get it working using sqoop, just wondering
does sqoop --hbase-row-key allow me to do something like --hbase-row-key=col1, col2, tiemstamp
during the import, then my HBase row key will end up with three fields combination?

Thanks,
Shengjie