sqoop-user mailing list archives

From "A Laxmi" <a.lakshmi...@gmail.com>
Subject sqoop 1.4.4 export issue
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2013 19:46:30 GMT
Hi,

I installed sqoop 1.4.4. I have data in HBase that I would like to export it
to a MySQL database. I used the following export command but it throws
exceptions.

Sqoop export Command used:

sudo bin/export -connect jdbc:mysql://xxx.xxx.x.xx:3306/ --table webpage
-username xxxx -password xxxxxxxx -export -dir
/var/hbase/hbase-data-dir/webpage

Exceptions:

Error manager.SqlManager: Error executing statement: java.sqlException:
Unknown initial character set index '224' received from server.

Error tool.ExportTool: Encounteres IOException running export job:
java.io.IOException: No columns to generate fro ClassWriter

Please help