sqoop-user mailing list archives

From "Vikash Talanki -X (vtalanki - INFOSYS LIMITED at Cisco)" <vtala...@cisco.com>
Subject RE: listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor
Date Wed, 18 Sep 2013 16:47:50 GMT
"Not all databases have available native utilities. Direct mode is not available for every
supported database. Out of the box, Sqoop has direct support only for MySQL and PostgreSQL"

Above line is copied from Sqoop Cookbook.
I think currently sqoop cannot support direct mode for Oracle.

Also try replacing bidevrac-scan.main.xxxx.com with IP address of it. Also make sure that
this has an entry in /etc/hosts file on the machine where you are running sqoop import

Regards
-----------------------
Vikash T
+1 (408)506 2024

From: Martin, Nick [mailto:NiMartin@pssd.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 9:16 AM
To: user@sqoop.apache.org
Subject: TNS: listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor

Hi all,

I've stood up a new Hadoop cluster and am ready to use Sqoop to import some data from our
Oracle databases. This is the Sqoop command I'm attempting to use, and the error is "TNS:
listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor".

sqoop-import --direct --connect jdbc:oracle:thin:@bidevrac-scan.main.xxxx.com:1521:BIDEV --table
DI_CALENDAR -username xxx -password xxx --target-dir data

We've checked and re-checked the TNS/Oracle side and wondering if anyone could help nudge
us in the right direction.

Thanks in advance,
Nick