sqoop-user mailing list archives

From "zhuw.chicago" <zhuw.chic...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Sqoop import statement to detect new column add or delete
Date Thu, 19 Sep 2013 13:05:23 GMT
How do you merge new and old data into one schema?

-------- Original message --------
From: shouvanik.haldar@accenture.com
Date: 09/19/2013  5:57 AM  (GMT-06:00)
To: user@sqoop.apache.org
Subject: Sqoop import statement to detect new column add or delete

Hi,

We have a requirement that sqoop incremental import/import would detect a new column addition/deletion
to the source rdbms tables while importing to hive table.

Is there any way to achieve this? Please help.

Thanks,
Shouvanik

of information security and assessment of internal compliance  with Accenture policy.

www.accenture.com