sqoop-user mailing list archives

From "Martin, Nick" <NiMar...@pssd.com>
Subject Sqoop from/to Oracle
Date Mon, 30 Sep 2013 22:32:53 GMT
Hi all,

I have a table I've imported from Oracle into HDFS and now I want to export it into an Oracle
Db (import and export table schemas are identical).

My initial attempt at exporting from HDFS (using Sqoop) to Oracle failed (data types failures).
So, my question is what's the best way for me to accomplish this? My source table is a mixture
of NUMBER, VARCHAR, DATE fields. Am I better off importing into a Hive table I define and
then exporting into Oracle from there? Or do I just need to do some export formatting in my
Sqoop export statement?

Any other intel you'd need to make a recommendation?

Thanks in advance,
Nick

Sent from my iPhone