sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Abraham Elmahrek <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Import data to HDFS using Sqoop2
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2013 18:09:03 GMT
Yanting,

I'm not sure that "text" is partitionable. That might be the problem.

-Abe

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 2:19 AM, Yanting Chen <mx.alexender@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Abraham
>
> Please ignore my last post containing table schema in Oracle.
>
> The following is the schema I use to create table ds_msg_log in PostgreSQL
>
> CREATE TABLE "public"."ds_msg_log" (
> "message_id" text NOT NULL,
> "login_id" text,
> "acpt_dts" timestamp(6),
> "dlvr_dts" timestamp(6),
> "sender_id" text,
> "sender_vac_id" text,
> "receiver_id" text,
> "receiver_vac_id" text,
> "status" text,
> "message_type" text,
> "flow_type" text,
> "service_type" text,
> "source_file_name" text,
> "archive_file_name" text,
> "archive_char_count" numeric(32),
> "decrypt_file_name" text,
> "decrypt_char_count" numeric(32),
> "resp_file_name" text,
> "resp_char_count" numeric(32),
> "resp_flag" text,
> "rtg_seq" text,
> "resent_flag" text DEFAULT 'N'::character varying,
> "total_inv_count" numeric(32),
> CONSTRAINT "ds_msg_log_pkey" PRIMARY KEY ("message_id")
> )
> WITH (OIDS=FALSE)
> ;
>

> On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 12:22 AM, Abraham Elmahrek <abe@cloudera.com>wrote:
>
>> Yanting,
>>
>> This can't be the schema for postgresql. There are datatypes that
>> postgresql doesn't support here. Could you provide the schema from
>> postgresql?
>>
>> -Abe
>>

>> On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 12:18 AM, Yanting Chen <mx.alexender@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Mengwei
>>>
>>> After seeing my table schema, do you have any advanced idea about this
>>> problem?

Oracle. Could

column' for the
a good choice for

schema name is

"public"

Method)

get the same error

you are using here
called "invoice"? Try
and see if that works for you.

<

and table names are
import.

(Created 9/2/13 10:54

9/2/13 11:37 AM,
1

is:*

Elmahrek <

PostGreSQL. I think case
that database.

Elmahrek <

Are table names or schema names
Sqoop quotes all names, so case
here.

Sqoop 1.4.4

陳彥廷(Yanting Chen) <

schema "invoice" exists because I
to this schema using Sqoop 1.4.4

when creating job.

in invoice schema:
NOT NULL,
VARCHAR2(150),
VARCHAR2(250),
NUMBER,
VARCHAR2(250),
NUMBER,
DEFAULT 'N',
PRIMARY KEY (MESSAGE_ID)

AM, Abraham Elmahrek <

"invoice" does not exist in your
provide your database schema? Also, "*" is
"Table column names". If you leave it blank it
by default.

3:03 AM, 陳彥廷(Yanting Chen) <
wrote:

> [...]
official guide,
a job.

the command, submission start
error message: "Exception has occurred during
Server has returned exception: Exception:
Message: GENERIC_JDBC_CONNECTOR_0002:Unable to execute

of my job.

*
name:

/user/root/ds_msg_log

Extractors: Loaders:

information in the official guide
to set the values above, does any know anything wrong in

Stack trace: at
(HttpServlet.java:637)
(HttpServlet.java:717)
(Thread.java:724)
java.lang.Throwable Message: ERROR:
does not exist Position: 46 Stack trace: at
(QueryExecutorImpl.java:2102)
(HttpServlet.java:637)
(HttpServlet.java:717)
(Thread.java:724)