sqoop-user mailing list archives

From "Babu, Prashanth" <Prashanth.B...@nttdata.com>
Subject RE: Sqoop 2 and batch mode
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2013 03:54:03 GMT
Thanks Abraham.
Very helpful. Hope to see your patch in the next release.

Regards,
Prashanth.

From: Abraham Elmahrek [mailto:abe@cloudera.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 11:53 PM
To: user@sqoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Sqoop 2 and batch mode

Hey Prashanth,

Sqoop 2 does not support HBase yet: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP-1156.

As for batch mode (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP-773), you might be able to
use an expect script ( thought I'm not sure ). If you checkout the provided, batch mode support
is currently in review :).

-Abe

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 11:25 PM, Babu, Prashanth <Prashanth.Babu@nttdata.com<mailto:Prashanth.Babu@nttdata.com>>
wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to migrate to Sqoop 2 running on Hadoop v2.1.0-beta from Sqoop 1.x running on
Hadoop v1.x.

I found that few of the commands in Sqoop 2 are possible only in interactive mode.

For example: http://sqoop.apache.org/docs/1.99.2/CommandLineClient.html#create-command

                Creates new connection and job objects. This command is supported only in
interactive mode. It will query user for all parameters that are required by specific connector
and framework and persist them in Sqoop server for later use.

Is there any way to get the batch mode commands to run like how it was possible in Sqoop 1.x
either thru code or any other way?

For example, this particular Sqoop command ran perfectly in Sqoop v1.x.
sqoop import --connect jdbc:mysql://myhost/mydb --username db_user --password **** --table
tname --hbase-table hbase_tname --column-family cfam --hbase-create-table -m 1

Also, I could not find documentation on how to push data into HBase directly. I always get
only one option i.e. HDFS by importing. Am I missing something here?

Please let me know if reverting to sqoop-1.4.4.bin__hadoop-2.0.4-alpha.tar.gz is the only
solution for this.

Also just in case if it's useful, my environment is Hadoop v2.1.0-beta and HBase compiled
from the source to make it compatible with Hadoop v2.1.0 beta.

Thanks.

Regards,

Prashanth.

Disclaimer:This email and any attachments are sent in strictest confidence for the sole use
of the addressee and may contain legally privileged, confidential, and proprietary data. If
you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender by replying promptly to this
email and then delete and destroy this email and any attachments without any further use,
copying or forwarding