Its a good question. Even I'd  like to know the answer.

But from the sqoop documentation site, this may help you speed things up a bit. It still doesnt avoid the intermediate hive-metadata creation stage.

MySQL provides a direct mode for exports as well, using the mysqlimport tool. When exporting to MySQL, use the --direct argument to specify this codepath. This may be higher-performance than the standard JDBC codepath.

Note: When using export in direct mode with MySQL, the MySQL bulk utility mysqlimport must be available in the shell path of the task process.