sqoop-user mailing list archives

From "Ganesh Kumar Narayanan" <gan...@kumarhome.com>
Subject RE: Sqoop import of packed data
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2013 21:28:22 GMT
Hi Jarcec,

Thanks for the info.

-Ganesh

-----Original Message-----
From: Jarek Jarcec Cecho [mailto:jarcec@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2013 11:08 AM
To: user@sqoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Sqoop import of packed data

Hi Ganesh,
Sqoop is using DB2 JDBC connector to talk with DB2 running on mainframes.
The data unpacking is actually done by the JDBC Connector itself as
otherwise the connector would not be compliant with the JDBC specification.
Sqoop is taking advantage of that to transfer your data into HDFS unpacked.

Jarcec

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 08:27:05AM -0400, Ganesh Kumar Narayanan wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I am about to evaluate Sqoop import from AS/400 DB2 using the IBM JDBC
Connector.

> I have a question about the capabilities of Sqoop import. Does Sqoop
import handle packed data from AS/400? If it does, is it possible to get it
unpacked during import?