sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Can we use Sqoop to load BLOB into HIVE
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2013 21:21:45 GMT
Hi Guodong,
CLOB stands for "character large object" and thus it should be equivalent with Hive's STRING.
The BLOB ("binary large object") can generally contain any binary data (such as pictures or
PDFs) that are not generally suitable for Hive and thus their encoding might be quite tricky.

What exactly are you storing in the BLOB columns? If it's just a string, you can take advantage
of the --map-column-hive and --hive-drop-input-delms/--hive-delims-replacement for your particular
use case.

Jarcec