sqoop-user mailing list archives

From "Kallinteris, Christos" <kallinte...@initions.com>
Subject Sqoop 1 Importing tables from non DBO schema
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2013 13:36:35 GMT
Hello!

I'm trying to import a Table into Hive with Sqoop 1.4.3 that has a nonstandard schema. If
I just reference the table I get an invalid object name exception.

The documentation for Sqoop says that when importing from SQLServer one can specify the schema
with the -schema option but when I try that I get an unrecognized parameter error.

Import of dbo Tables works so it's not the rest of the connection string that's broken. I
can import the tables using Sqoop2 but then I don't have the -hive option :(

Any ideas and recommendations welcome.

Thanks!

Christos

--

initions AG
Christos Kallinteris

t:   +49 (0) 40 / 41 49 60-79
f:   +49 (0) 40 / 41 49 60-11
e:  kallinteris@initions.com<mailto:kallinteris@initions.com>
w: www.initions.com<http://www.initions.com/>

Vollständiger Name der Gesellschaft: initions innovative IT solutions AG
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Handelsregister Hamburg B 83929
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr. Michael Leue
Vorstand: Dr. Stefan Anschütz, André Paul Henkel, Dr. Helge Plehn