sqoop-user mailing list archives

From "Martin, Nick" <NiMar...@pssd.com>
Subject RE: Setting Delimiter in Sqoop
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2013 12:47:49 GMT
Hi Faith,

Assuming you've already tried --fields-terminated-by in your import? If not, check out the
"Input Parsing Arguments" of the Sqoop user guide.

If you tried that already and are getting an error can you post the error/logs?

From: Fatih Haltas [mailto:fatih.haltas@nyu.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 8:25 AM
To: user@sqoop.apache.org user@sqoop.apache.org
Subject: Setting Delimiter in Sqoop

Hi Everyone,

I am importing my data from postgresql to hdfs and I want to seperate each column by tab (\t)
. Default settings of sqoop is using "," as delimiter which causes confusion in my mapreduce
codes.

Could you please advise me about delimiter option of sqoop? What I want to do is sepearting
each column by tab <\t> instead of comma.

Thanks very much.