sqoop-user mailing list archives

From "Martin, Nick" <NiMar...@pssd.com>
Subject RE: Sqoop from/to Oracle
Date Mon, 28 Oct 2013 16:55:11 GMT
Hi Abe,

After doing some digging on this issue I've found I'm facing what seems like a fairly common
issue with importing data from an Oracle DATE column and trying to export that same data (from
HDFS) back into an Oracle DATE column (of course, it will have been converted to a timestamp
on the way into HDFS).

So, what's the current thinking on the best way to get around this issue?

Thanks,
Nick

From: Abraham Elmahrek [mailto:abe@cloudera.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 7:31 PM
To: user@sqoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Sqoop from/to Oracle

Nick,

It looks like Sqoop believes the format of the timestamps are incorrect. Could you please
inspect the data you are attempting to import and verify the columns are aligned and the data
is correctly formatted? I believe if you use the --verbose option, Sqoop will give more details
in its own logs and the tasks logs. Can you post the task logs back here?

Some other information that might be helpful to us is an example of the data you're trying
to export and the schema of the table you're importing to.

-Abe

On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 4:11 PM, Martin, Nick <NiMartin@pssd.com<mailto:NiMartin@pssd.com>>