sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Amit Sela <am...@infolinks.com>
Subject Re: Programmatic (java) Sqoop import from MySQL to HBase Could not find hadoop core jar
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2013 09:09:05 GMT
That's the stack trace for the exception I got:
Encountered IOException running import job: java.io.IOException: Could not
find hadoop core jar!
at
org.apache.sqoop.orm.CompilationManager.compile(CompilationManager.java:146)
at org.apache.sqoop.tool.CodeGenTool.generateORM(CodeGenTool.java:97)
at org.apache.sqoop.tool.ImportTool.importTable(ImportTool.java:396)
at org.apache.sqoop.tool.ImportTool.run(ImportTool.java:502)
at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.run(Sqoop.java:145)
at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.runSqoop(Sqoop.java:181)
at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.runTool(Sqoop.java:220)
at
com.infolinks.redmap.services.impl.utils.Sqooper.importMysqlToHBase(Sqooper.java:35)
at
com.infolinks.redmap.services.impl.submitters.SqoopSubmitter$1.call(SqoopSubmitter.java:79)
at
com.infolinks.redmap.services.impl.submitters.SqoopSubmitter$1.call(SqoopSubmitter.java:76)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
at
java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:178)
at
java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:292)
at
at
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

My infrastructure allows me to execute MR jobs and to access HBase so I
don't understand why executing Sqoop results with "Could not find hadoop
core jar!" unless Sqoop is actually looking for the jar to deploy it for
some reason...