sqoop-user mailing list archives

From DSuiter RDX <dsui...@rdx.com>
Subject Ports for data returned by MSSQL import
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2013 14:22:16 GMT
Hi all!

I have a broad question that is proving difficult to answer conclusively.

When you import from MSSQL, we (my co-workers and I) understand that the
initial connector communicates on port 1433 by default. However, when the
map task created by sqoop imports the data to the data nodes, are the data
nodes connecting to MSSQL via port 1433, or are arbitrary ports opened
between the data nodes and the SQL Server?

We need to know because we are interested in hosting data for a variety of
clients, and need to be able to place firewall rules for our data center to
manage access to our cluster while still connecting to various environments.

Thank you,
*Devin Suiter*
Jr. Data Solutions Software Engineer
Google Voice: 412-256-8556 | www.rdx.com