sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Tanzir Musabbir <tmusab...@outlook.com>
Subject Sqoop Halts - Exporting from HDFS to Oracle (Date/Timestamp issue?)
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2013 16:28:41 GMT
I'm encountering an issue when exporting data from HDFS to Oracle. I'm not sure whether this
is an existing issue or not. When I carefully checked the log, I saw one of the column has
"2/13/2013 4:35:50" wheres the corresponding column type in Oracle is varchar2.

Can't we export date or time just as string? When my HDFS has that kind of data, Sqoop halts
and at the end its(task) killed by mapreduce task's timeout.
Based on this: http://qnalist.com/questions/31561/sqoop-modifies-the-date-format-in-the-exported-data,
I'm getting impression that Oracle driver converts it to timestamp and tries to insert it
and when it doesn't see timestamp as column type it halts. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Is there any way not to do that kind of conversion? and just export them as string?

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,Tanzir