sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Firas Khasawneh <Firas.Khasaw...@sas.com>
Subject RE: Sqoop hangs
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2013 12:37:20 GMT
Hi Abraham,

I am not sure what happened but my machine restarted because of a patch update last night.
After I rebooted my virtual box and restarted hadoop and sqoop, everything worked just fine
including import into hdfs and hive.
Regarding using -verbose flag, it really did not make a difference. Also nothing was displayed
in the logs (actually there are no logs I can see for sqoop). Regarding hadoop, this is the
binary distribution that I just untarred in a directory, I don't see any separate
Mapreduce directory.

Thanks,
Firas

From: Abraham Elmahrek [mailto:abe@cloudera.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2013 10:22 PM
To: user@sqoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Sqoop hangs

Firas,

That setting should point to the location of your hadoop mapreduce installation (ie. /usr/lib/hadoop-0.20-mapreduce).

Sqoop uses MapReduce to distribute the transfer of data. This means that a MapReduce job will
be created and several tasks to perform the work. Could you please inspect your job tracker
and task logs? Also, remember to run your sqoop job with the "verbose" (--verbose) command
to get the most out of logging.

If you're still having difficulty, please provide your sqoop log, job tracker log, and relevant
task logs.

-Abe

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 1:09 PM, Firas Khasawneh <Firas.Khasawneh@sas.com<mailto:Firas.Khasawneh@sas.com>>