sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Raj Hadoop <hadoop...@yahoo.com>
Subject Sqoop connection to MS SQL Server
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2013 19:02:12 GMT

I am getting error messages while connecting to a MS SQL Server running on a VM which has
multiple instances.

If it is a single machine and single instance - I could sucessfully run through the following
command.

sqoop import --connect 'jdbc:sqlserver://ABC_SERVER:1433;username=u1;password=pass1;database=cust'
--table CUST_INFO --hive-table CUST_INFO --hive-import --verbose

But if I have to connect to specific instances like this -

sqoop import --connect
'jdbc:sqlserver://ABC_SERVER:1433/Instance_Name1;username=u1;password=pass1;database=cust'
--table CUST_INFO --hive-table CUST_INFO --hive-import --verbose

I am getting the error like -
Unable to find the object CUST_INFO

Are there any known issues while connecting to a MS SQL Server ( VM and multiple instances).
Please advise.