sqoop-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fwd: SAP Connector?
Date Thu, 26 Dec 2013 16:00:25 GMT
Hi Ravi,
I did provide some feedback on your original question on cdh-user. Please do not cross post
the same question on multiple forums as it's creating diverging discussions and it's really
hard for a common user searching for an answer to get oriented in that.

Jarcec

On Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 04:38:46PM +0530, Ravi Sharma wrote:
> Please provide the valuable suggestion for SQOOP-SAP Connectivity.
> Discussion and log as below
> 
> 
> 
> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: Ravi Sharma <raviprincesharma@gmail.com>
> Date: Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 3:46 PM
> Subject: Re: SAP Connector?
> To: cdh-user@cloudera.org
> 
> 
> What i find more is sqoop expecting only table name but I'm providing the
> Schema_name.table_name.
> 
> Command is as follow:
> 
> sqoop import --connect jdbc:sap://dns:30015 --driver com.sap.db.jdbc.Driver
> --username USER_NAME --password PASSSWORD --table /SCHEMA_NAME.TABLE_NAME
> --target-dir OUTPUT
> 
> Caused by: com.sap.db.jdbc.exceptions.JDBCDriverException: SAP DBTech
> JDBC: [257]: sql syntax error: incorrect syntax near ".": line 1 col
> 116 (at pos 116)
> 	at com.sap.db.jdbc.exceptions.SQLExceptionSapDB.createException(SQLExceptionSapDB.java:334)
> 	at com.sap.db.jdbc.exceptions.SQLExceptionSapDB.generateDatabaseException(SQLExceptionSapDB.java:174)
> 	at com.sap.db.jdbc.packet.ReplyPacket.buildExceptionChain(ReplyPacket.java:104)
> 	at com.sap.db.jdbc.ConnectionSapDB.execute(ConnectionSapDB.java:1111)
> 	at com.sap.db.jdbc.CallableStatementSapDB.sendCommand(CallableStatementSapDB.java:1941)
> 	at com.sap.db.jdbc.StatementSapDB.sendSQL(StatementSapDB.java:972)
> 	at com.sap.db.jdbc.CallableStatementSapDB.doParse(CallableStatementSapDB.java:233)
> 	at com.sap.db.jdbc.CallableStatementSapDB.constructor(CallableStatementSapDB.java:192)
> 	at com.sap.db.jdbc.CallableStatementSapDB.<init>(CallableStatementSapDB.java:103)
> 	at com.sap.db.jdbc.CallableStatementSapDBFinalize.<init>(CallableStatementSapDBFinalize.java:31)
> 	at com.sap.db.jdbc.ConnectionSapDB.prepareStatement(ConnectionSapDB.java:1351)
> 	at com.sap.db.jdbc.trace.Connection.prepareStatement(Connection.java:347)
> 	at org.apache.sqoop.mapreduce.db.DBRecordReader.executeQuery(DBRecordReader.java:101)
> 	at org.apache.sqoop.mapreduce.db.DBRecordReader.nextKeyValue(DBRecordReader.java:237)
> 	... 12 more
> 
> And if I don't provide the schema name then it's shows
> 
> 
> 1 ERROR manager.SqlManager: Error executing statement:
> com.sap.db.jdbc.exceptions.JDBCDriverException: SAP DBTech JDBC: [259]:
> invalid table name:  Could not find table/view TABLE_NAME in schema
> USER_NAME: line 1 col 17 (at pos 16)
> com.sap.db.jdbc.exceptions.JDBCDriverException: SAP DBTech JDBC: [259]:
> invalid table name:  Could not find table/view TABLE_NAME in schema
> USER_NAME: line 1 col 17 (at pos 16)
>         at
> com.sap.db.jdbc.exceptions.SQLExceptionSapDB.createException(SQLExceptionSapDB.java:334)
>         at
> com.sap.db.jdbc.exceptions.SQLExceptionSapDB.generateDatabaseException(SQLExceptionSapDB.java:174)
>         at
> com.sap.db.jdbc.packet.ReplyPacket.buildExceptionChain(ReplyPacket.java:104)
>         at
> com.sap.db.jdbc.ConnectionSapDB.execute(ConnectionSapDB.java:1111)
>         at
> com.sap.db.jdbc.CallableStatementSapDB.sendCommand(CallableStatementSapDB.java:1941)
>         at com.sap.db.jdbc.StatementSapDB.sendSQL(StatementSapDB.java:972)
> 
> 
> Is error related to passing the schema definition? My command is as follow
> 
> sqoop import --connect jdbc:sap://dns:30015/SCHEMA_NAME --driver
> com.sap.db.jdbc.Driver --username USER_NAME --password PASSSWORD --table
> TABLE_NAME --target-dir OUTPUT
> 
> 
> Cheers,
> Ravi Sharma
> 
> 
> On Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 3:42 PM, Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jarcec@cloudera.com>wrote:
> 
> > Would you mind sharing used Sqoop command line and entire log generated
> > with parameter --verbose, so that we can take a look into failures that you
> > are experiencing?
> >
> > Jarcec
> >
> > On Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 03:41:23PM +0530, Ravi Sharma wrote:
> > > Does it possible to make SAP connection with sqoop?
> > >
> > >
> > > Simple SAP JDBC jar is not able to perform the Sqoop job.
> > >
> > > Any Suggestion
> > >
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Ravi Sharma
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > ---
> > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> > Groups "CDH Users" group.
> > > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
> > an email to cdh-user+unsubscribe@cloudera.org.
> > > For more options, visit
> > https://groups.google.com/a/cloudera.org/groups/opt_out.
> >

Mime
View raw message