sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Joins in Sqoop
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2014 16:55:02 GMT
Large joins are better performed on the database side and stored in temporary table (CREATE
TABLE temp_tbl AS SELECT ...) that can be subsequently imported by Sqoop without creating
large temp files.

Jarcec

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 09:20:04PM +0800, Sambit Tripathy (RBEI/PJ-NBS) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have written query which has 5 Join clauses and I am passing this query in Sqoop import.
>
> Problem: This produces a large temp file in the MySQL server temp directory and throws
back an error saying No Space left on the device. Yes this can be fixed by increasing the
size of the temp directory in the MySQL server, but what if you actually don't have any space
left on MySQL server. Are there any workarounds for this? I mean something like a batch import
which does not create a big temp file in the server.