sqoop-user mailing list archives

From "Sambit Tripathy (RBEI/PJ-NBS)" <Sambit.Tripa...@in.bosch.com>
Subject Joins in Sqoop
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2014 13:20:04 GMT
Hi,

I have written query which has 5 Join clauses and I am passing this query in Sqoop import.

Problem: This produces a large temp file in the MySQL server temp directory and throws back
an error saying No Space left on the device. Yes this can be fixed by increasing the size
of the temp directory in the MySQL server, but what if you actually don't have any space left
on MySQL server. Are there any workarounds for this? I mean something like a batch import
which does not create a big temp file in the server.

Regards,
Sambit.