sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: QueryResult cannot be cast to org.apache.hadoop.io.WritableComparable
Date Sun, 09 Mar 2014 06:04:46 GMT
Hi sir,
sadly Sqoop imported SequenceFiles can't be directly consumed by Hive. Sqoop generates it's
own writable whereas (I believe that) Hive is expecting class Text. I would suggest switching
to Avro format - whereas Sqoop can't import avro files directly into Hive yet, imported files
are at least consumable by Hive.

Jarcec