sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Devin Suiter RDX <dsui...@rdx.com>
Subject Microsoft JDBC4 connector
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2014 16:59:19 GMT
Hello all,

When building import jobs for Sqoop from MSSQL, I'm finding that the only
options for password-protected databases are to pass the password as part
of the connect string or to pass the 'integrated-security' parameter, which
doesn't work since I'm running from CentOS and it needs a Windows .dll
installed. If I pass it with the Sqoop --password or --password-file args
it does not work.

Is there a --password-file option that is compatible in syntax with the
Microsoft JDBC4 SQL Server driver that anyone knows of? This seems a little
irresponsible and I am hoping I am missing something. The password file
option works great for the MySQL driver.

Thanks,
*Devin Suiter*
Jr. Data Solutions Software Engineer
Google Voice: 412-256-8556 | www.rdx.com