sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Devin Suiter RDX <dsui...@rdx.com>
Subject Re: Microsoft JDBC4 connector
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2014 18:00:10 GMT
Martin,

Thanks for the reply. This wasn't exactly the problem. I figured out that
the problem is the 'newline' character in the password file is interpreted
by the --password-file logic.

I got around it by

'echo -n <password> > password.file'

and now the --password-file option works.

I had the same problem earlier with the MySQL driver, but, it was a few
weeks ago and I forgot that caused a problem.

Might be something to put in the Sqoop User Guide, or remedy in Sqoop? It
occurs to me this may have been addressed in Sqoop2 already, but I am not
using Sqoop2 currently. For the record, I am using Sqoop 1.4.3 CDH 4.6.

Thanks again all!

*Devin Suiter*
Jr. Data Solutions Software Engineer
Google Voice: 412-256-8556 | www.rdx.com