sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Special character in Sqoop exported data
Date Sun, 04 May 2014 19:54:43 GMT
Hi Savitha,
first of all, I would strongly suggest to drop the parameter --driver as it's usage is most
likely completely incorrect. Check out blog post at [1] for background why is that.

Would you mind sharing with us example of the data?

Jarcec

Links
1: https://blogs.apache.org/sqoop/entry/connectors_and_drivers_in_the

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 02:29:57PM +0000, Savitha Devi Inbasekaran wrote:
> I trying to import HDFS data to Mysql using the following command:
>
>  /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.0.0-1.cdh5.0.0.p0.47/bin/sqoop export --driver com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
--connect jdbc:mysql://server:port/dbname --table table_name   --username user --password
pwd  --export-dir /user/hdfs/hiveoutput/consolidatedconsumption/Hits/*  --input-fields-terminated-by
'\t'  --input-lines-terminated-by '\n'