sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Error in importing Postgresql Data type inet in Sqoop
Date Tue, 06 May 2014 14:42:52 GMT
Hi Savitha,
I would strongly recommend to drop the parameter --driver. In almost all cases it's usage
is incorrect - check out blog post at [1] for more details.

I believe that Sqoop do not supports inet type and hence you have to help Sqoop overcome this.
One option is to use --map-column-java and try to cast it to String or something. Another
option would be use --query argument and convert the type inside the query. Sadly neither
of those options will work with import-all-tables option. You can however import all tables
except of those with this type using import-all-tables (hint you can exclude those tables
with --exclude-tables) and import the rest one by one.

Jarcec

Links:
1: https://blogs.apache.org/sqoop/entry/connectors_and_drivers_in_the

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 12:40:37PM +0000, Savitha Devi Inbasekaran wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I want to import a database in Postgresql to HDFS. I am using cloudhera 5.0.0. I used
the following statement to do that.

> sqoop -import-all-tables<https://sqoop.apache.org/docs/1.4.3/SqoopUserGuide.html#_literal_sqoop_import_all_tables_literal>
 --driver org.postgresql.Driver  --connect jdbc:postgresql://ipaddress:port/dbname  -m 1 -username
-password -warehouse-dir

> By using this I was able to import few tables. But I was not able to import tables with
column type inet. Is there any way to import tables with custom postgresql Data type using
import-all-tables option.