sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Incremental insert using Import-all-tables
Date Tue, 06 May 2014 14:43:45 GMT
I don't think that Sqoop have such ability at the moment. You can however script it on top
of Sqoop.

Jarcec

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 12:59:22PM +0000, Savitha Devi Inbasekaran wrote:
> Hi All,
> Is there any way I can do incremental update using "Import-all-tables".
>
> Or Is there any option to have the tables , column by which I have to do the increment
and the incremental value in a text file and process that through import/import-all-tables.
For example something like  this:

> Text file format
> Table name        column name    value
> employee                           id                  23
>

> sqoop -import-all-tables<https://sqoop.apache.org/docs/1.4.3/SqoopUserGuide.html#_literal_sqoop_import_all_tables_literal>/import
 --options-file /users/homer/work/import.txt  --driver org.postgresql.Driver  --connect jdbc:postgresql://ipaddress:port/dbname
 -m 1 -username -password -warehouse-dir