sqoop-user mailing list archives

From ch huang <justlo...@gmail.com>
Subject Server has returned exception: Exception: java.lang.Throwable Message: GENERIC_JDBC_CONNECTOR_0003:Unable to access meta data
Date Wed, 28 May 2014 05:33:18 GMT
hi,mailist:
            i am testing sqoop2 ,use it to pump my data from HDFS to mysql
database, i do following job ,and i wander f i need create DDL first before
i import data to mysql DB?

sqoop:000> show connection
+----+--------------+-----------+---------+
| Id |     Name     | Connector | Enabled |
+----+--------------+-----------+---------+
| 1  | mysql import | 1         | true    |
+----+--------------+-----------+---------+
sqoop:000> create job --xid 1 --type export
Creating job for connection with id 1
Please fill following values to create new job object
Name: mysql export
Database configuration
Schema name: dbadb
Table name: mytest
Table SQL statement:
Table column names:
Input configuration
Input directory: /mytest/helen
Throttling resources
Extractors:
Loaders:
New job was successfully created with validation status FINE  and
persistent
id
1
sqoop:000> show jobs
The specified function "jobs" is not recognized.
sqoop:000> show job
+----+--------------+--------+-----------+---------+
| Id |     Name     |  Type  | Connector | Enabled |
+----+--------------+--------+-----------+---------+
| 1  | mysql export | EXPORT | 1         | true    |
sqoop:000> submission start --jid 1
Exception has occurred during processing command
Unknown command: No such property: start for class: groovysh_evaluate
sqoop:000> start job --jid 1
Exception has occurred during processing command
Server has returned exception: Exception: java.lang.Throwable Message:
GENERIC_J
DBC_CONNECTOR_0003:Unable to access meta data