sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: installing sqoop2 (1.993) on mac osx from source code
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2014 20:47:27 GMT
Hi Josh,
Sqoop 2 is not just a new major version - under the cover we have completely redesigned the
system to enable Sqoop in a new use cases. I would strongly suggest you to check out the docs
to see the usage and installation instructions:

http://sqoop.apache.org/docs/1.99.3/index.html

Jarcec

On Mon, Jun 09, 2014 at 03:30:26PM -0500, Josh Millstein wrote:
> also, there's no lib directory in the ...hadoop200 directory.  Where do I
> put my mysql connector jar file ?
>

> On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 3:09 PM, Josh Millstein <joshua.millstein@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > also, where do I set my config info in sqoop2 ?  I had a conf directory in
> > 1.4.4 that had stuff like swoop-env.sh, swoop-site.xml etc.  I'm not seeing
> > that anywhere in my new installation.  in
> > /sqoop-2.9.0-SNAPSHOT-bin/hadoop200 I have
> >
> > CHANGELOG.txt README.txt common dev-support execution server submission
> > tools
> > LICENSE.txt bin connector dist pom.xml shell test
> > NOTICE.txt client core docs repository spi tomcat
> >

> > On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 2:59 PM, Josh Millstein <joshua.millstein@gmail.com
> > > wrote:
> >
> >> ah ha, thank you !  yes, I typed the command you gave me and I'm in the
> >> interactive sqoop shell now.  I tried running my 1.44 command from the
> >> sqoop shell and that's definitely not working anymore
> >>
> >> import --connect jdbc:mysql://wolfs-MacBook-Pro.local:3306/joshLocal --username
sqoop --password sqoop --table BITLOG --verbose