sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Oracle Special Character Password
Date Sat, 21 Jun 2014 13:55:19 GMT
Hi Martin,
could you please share your entire command line and exact exception (with stack trace) that
you're hitting?

Jarcec

On Sat, Jun 21, 2014 at 11:18:33AM +0000, Martin, Nick wrote:
> I do a lot of Oracle imports/exports everyday using Sqoop with good success. However,
I keep hitting a gotcha - any time we try to import from an Oracle database that had a password
with special characters we get invalid username/pw error.

> If we get the password changed to something without a special character it works like
a charm. Problem is we're now faced with some databases that have a special character password
required so we're kinda hosed.