sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Alberto Crespi <crespi.albe...@gmail.com>
Subject Sqoop import into Hbase table
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2014 07:07:19 GMT
Hello,

I'm using CDH 5.0.1
i'm trying to import data into hbase using sqoop.
i launch my sqoop line-command:
sudo -u hdfs  sqoop import --connect jdbc:mysql://10.0.0.221/db --username
XXX --password XXX --table test -m 1 --target-dir /user/import
 --incremental lastmodified --check-column date --append --hbase-table
forHive --column-family infos
During the log, i have this error:
Error during import: HBase jars are not present in classpath, cannot import
to HBase!

I set my $HBASE_HOME : export HBASE_HOME=/usr/lib/hbase
after that i change my hbase_home because i use CDH with this string:
export HBASE_HOME=/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH/lib/hbase
and i also try:
export HBASE_HOME=/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH/lib/hbase/lib

But in every case i have this error:
 ERROR tool.ImportTool: Error during import: HBase jars are not present in
classpath, cannot import to HBase!

What kind of HBASE_HOME must i set?

and is possible use builk-load HBase with sqoop for massive import?

thanks