sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Josh Millstein <joshua.millst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: installing sqoop2 (1.993) on mac osx from source code
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2014 20:09:37 GMT
also, where do I set my config info in sqoop2 ?  I had a conf directory in
1.4.4 that had stuff like swoop-env.sh, swoop-site.xml etc.  I'm not seeing
that anywhere in my new installation.  in
/sqoop-2.9.0-SNAPSHOT-bin/hadoop200 I have

CHANGELOG.txt README.txt common dev-support execution server submission
tools
LICENSE.txt bin connector dist pom.xml shell test
NOTICE.txt client core docs repository spi tomcat

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 2:59 PM, Josh Millstein <joshua.millstein@gmail.com>
wrote:

> ah ha, thank you !  yes, I typed the command you gave me and I'm in the
> interactive sqoop shell now.  I tried running my 1.44 command from the
> sqoop shell and that's definitely not working anymore
>
> import --connect jdbc:mysql://wolfs-MacBook-Pro.local:3306/joshLocal --username sqoop
--password sqoop --table BITLOG --verbose

> What is the sqoop2 command for what I'm trying to do?
>

> Thanks again
>

> On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 2:37 PM, vasanth kumar <rj.vasanthkumar@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Josh,
>>
>>  After "mvn package -Pbinary" command.  Inside
>> "/usr/local/test/sqoop2/dist/target" you can find
>> "sqoop-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT-bin-hadoop200" directory and get into bin directory.
>> Start "./sqoop.sh client".
>>

>> On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 12:05 AM, Josh Millstein <
>> joshua.millstein@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello All -
>>>
>>> I believe I've managed to figure out that sqoop 1.44 is not compatible
>>> with hadoop2.4.  So, I've been trying to install swoop 1.993 to my mac (osx
>>> 10.9).   What I've done so far
>>>
>>> 1) pulled the 1.993 repo from git
>>> 2) mvn compile
>>> 3) mvn install