sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Abraham Elmahrek <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Sqoop import into Hbase table
Date Sat, 14 Jun 2014 21:09:45 GMT
Hey there,

Sqoop shouldn't have any restrictions on the amount of data you transfer.
It simply parallelizes the transfer process in a database agnostic fashion.
A couple of notes that should hopefully help:

   - I believe "target-dir" is specific to HDFS. So it seems unnecessary
   here.
   - I believe "--append" is for HDFS only. Are you looking for "append"
   mode?

Could you run your command with the --verbose option and attach the output
to this thread? Place --verbose at the beginning of your import arguments
(right after the word "import" in your command).

-Abe