To my understanding, there is not a "HCatalog" service in Cloudera Manager, and I don't have to install hcatalog using RPM.

I tried HCatalog using sqoop1, but could not write Parquet format. Here are what I did:

1. hadoop fs -mkdir /tmp/action_t
2. hive> create external table action_t ( ...) stored as parquet location '/tmp/action_t';
3. sqoop import --connect jdbc:teradata://teraserver/DATABASE=PDMPUBLIC --username bwang --password xxx --table action --split-by actionid --num-mappers 1 --hcatalog-table action_t --compress --compression-codec org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.SnappyCodec -- --batch-size 1000

The problems are:
1. the job finished successfully, but the file in /tmp/action_t/_TEMP is in text format.
2. If I use "--hcatalog-table action_text --create-hcatalog-table", the data is not loaded into Hive.

Did I miss something?