sqoop-user mailing list archives

From "lizhanqiang@inspur.com" <lizhanqi...@inspur.com>
Subject Re: Re: sqoop1.4.4 password-file parameter
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2014 00:51:24 GMT
Hi,all:
   Help me to find if any errors in my opretion.

   1.password that contains space

  2.password that contains newline

I do not kown how can  I login mysql using these special chars.

And I find a problem about the user guide of sqoop-1.44.It says password-file can either on
local system or on hdfs.But I Think in this version of sqoop,It can be just in hdfs.

From: Kathleen Ting
Date: 2014-07-23 23:25
To: user@sqoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: sqoop1.4.4 password-file parameter
I stand corrected. Newlines are allowed in the password.

On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 7:54 AM, Venkat Ranganathan
<vranganathan@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> There is already SQOOP-1294.   The problem with trim as mentioned by
> Jarcec in the JIRA ticket is that whitespace can be a legitimate part
> of the password.   We need to trim the trailing new line only.
>
> Thanks
>
> Venkat
>
> On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 7:18 AM, Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jarcec@apache.org> wrote:
>> The easiest way how to create password file without new line character at the end
is to use “echo” command:

>> echo -n “my-password” > password.file
>>
>> The switch “-n” will disable outputting trailing new line character.
>>
>> Jarcec
>>
>> On Jul 23, 2014, at 5:50 AM, Kathleen Ting <kathleen@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, I think there was a typo in Abe's earlier reply and what he meant is that
newlines are _not_ acceptable password characters unfortunately.

>>> Regards,
>>> Kate
>>>

>>> On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 1:07 AM, lizhanqiang@inspur.com <lizhanqiang@inspur.com>
wrote:

>>> Hey,Everyone:
>>>    I tried to create a user in my mysql server using a password which contians
a '\n' character in the end.
>>> But when I am loging to my mysql server.I recivied a error message from mysql.If
newline are acceptable by database
>>> then how to use a password that contains a newline to log on the server.
>>> Waiting for your reply sincere.
>>>

>>> From: Abraham Elmahrek
>>> Date: 2014-07-23 13:34
>>> To: user@sqoop.apache.org
>>> Subject: Re: sqoop1.4.4 password-file parameter
>>> Hey there,
>>>
>>> I do believe that newlines are acceptable password characters unfortunately.
You could use emacs, "printf <password> > <password file>", or "tr -d '\n'
< <password file> > <new password file>"  instead.

>>> -Abe
>>>

>>> On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 10:13 PM, lizhanqiang@inspur.com <lizhanqiang@inspur.com>
wrote:
>>> hi,all:
>>>   forgive my poor English~
>>>   I find a problem about the parameter password-file。When i create a password-file
using Vi editor,then vi will put a '\n' in the end of the line(eol)。