sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: sqoop1.4.4 password-file parameter
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2014 14:18:49 GMT
The easiest way how to create password file without new line character at the end is to use
“echo” command:

echo -n “my-password” > password.file

The switch “-n” will disable outputting trailing new line character.

Jarcec

On Jul 23, 2014, at 5:50 AM, Kathleen Ting <kathleen@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi, I think there was a typo in Abe's earlier reply and what he meant is that newlines
are _not_ acceptable password characters unfortunately.

> Regards,
> Kate
>

> On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 1:07 AM, lizhanqiang@inspur.com <lizhanqiang@inspur.com>
wrote:

> Hey,Everyone:
>    I tried to create a user in my mysql server using a password which contians a '\n'
character in the end.
> But when I am loging to my mysql server.I recivied a error message from mysql.If newline
are acceptable by database
> then how to use a password that contains a newline to log on the server.
> Waiting for your reply sincere.
>

> From: Abraham Elmahrek
> Date: 2014-07-23 13:34
> To: user@sqoop.apache.org
> Subject: Re: sqoop1.4.4 password-file parameter
> Hey there,
>
> I do believe that newlines are acceptable password characters unfortunately. You could
use emacs, "printf <password> > <password file>", or "tr -d '\n' < <password
file> > <new password file>"  instead.

> -Abe
>

> On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 10:13 PM, lizhanqiang@inspur.com <lizhanqiang@inspur.com>
wrote:
> hi,all:
>   forgive my poor English~
>   I find a problem about the parameter password-file。When i create a password-file
using Vi editor,then vi will put a '\n' in the end of the line(eol)。