sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: sqoop2 submission problems.
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2014 14:32:43 GMT
What Hadoop distribution and version are you using?

Jarcec

On Jul 22, 2014, at 7:29 AM, Justin Lee <justin.lee@mongodb.com> wrote:

> I got sidetracked by other issues but I'm still having this problem.  I'm not sure what's
missing here.  Do I need to copy any sqoop jars over to the hadoop lib folders?  I'd be less
confused if it was my own stuff it couldn't find.  I followed the directions (http://sqoop.apache.org/docs/1.99.3/Installation.html)
and I don't seem to have missed anything.  Any ideas?

> --------------------------------
>
> { name     : "Justin Lee",
>   title    : "Software Engineer",
>   twitter  : "@evanchooly",
>   web      : [ "10gen.com", "antwerkz.com" ],
>   location : "New York, NY" }
>

> On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 3:19 PM, Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jarcec@apache.org> wrote:
> I’ve seen this particular problem several times. So far it was always caused by Sqoop
2 server miss configuration in map reduce libraries and configuration - either by having configured
yarn (MR2) while having MR1 libraries on the class path or vice versa. Hence I would suggest
to verify the deployment.

> Jarcec
>
> On Jul 18, 2014, at 4:34 AM, Justin Lee <justin.lee@mongodb.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm submitting a job programmatically as detailed here (http://sqoop.apache.org/docs/1.99.3/ClientAPI.html)
and getting an error:

> > Exception info : java.io.FileNotFoundException: File does not exist: hdfs://127.0.0.1:8020/Users/jlee/hadoop-binaries/sqoop-1.99.3-bin-hadoop200/server/webapps/sqoop/WEB-INF/lib/sqoop-common-1.99.3.jar
> >
> > I've seen some jobs (hive, iirc) fail and I've had to copy jars on to hdfs to resolve
it but I'm not sure why I'd need to do this with sqoop jars.  If this is necessary for sqoop2
to function, then sqoop2 should take care of this step.  Am I missing some step not mentioned
on that page?