sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Venkat Ranganathan <vranganat...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: sqoop1.4.4 password-file parameter
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2014 14:54:33 GMT
There is already SQOOP-1294.   The problem with trim as mentioned by
Jarcec in the JIRA ticket is that whitespace can be a legitimate part
of the password.   We need to trim the trailing new line only.

Thanks

Venkat

On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 7:18 AM, Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jarcec@apache.org> wrote:
> The easiest way how to create password file without new line character at the end is
to use “echo” command:

> echo -n “my-password” > password.file
>
> The switch “-n” will disable outputting trailing new line character.
>
> Jarcec
>
> On Jul 23, 2014, at 5:50 AM, Kathleen Ting <kathleen@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi, I think there was a typo in Abe's earlier reply and what he meant is that newlines
are _not_ acceptable password characters unfortunately.

>> Regards,
>> Kate
>>

>> On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 1:07 AM, lizhanqiang@inspur.com <lizhanqiang@inspur.com>
wrote:

>> Hey,Everyone:
>>    I tried to create a user in my mysql server using a password which contians a
'\n' character in the end.
>> But when I am loging to my mysql server.I recivied a error message from mysql.If
newline are acceptable by database
>> then how to use a password that contains a newline to log on the server.
>> Waiting for your reply sincere.
>>

>> From: Abraham Elmahrek
>> Date: 2014-07-23 13:34
>> To: user@sqoop.apache.org
>> Subject: Re: sqoop1.4.4 password-file parameter
>> Hey there,
>>
>> I do believe that newlines are acceptable password characters unfortunately. You
could use emacs, "printf <password> > <password file>", or "tr -d '\n' <
<password file> > <new password file>"  instead.

>> -Abe
>>

>> On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 10:13 PM, lizhanqiang@inspur.com <lizhanqiang@inspur.com>
wrote:
>> hi,all:
>>   forgive my poor English~
>>   I find a problem about the parameter password-file。When i create a password-file
using Vi editor,then vi will put a '\n' in the end of the line(eol)。

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE