sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Abraham Elmahrek <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Re: sqoop1.4.4 password-file parameter
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2014 18:09:40 GMT
It might be difficult to use a newline character on the command line (off
the top of my head I don't know how to do it). You should be able to add a
newline character by using the SQL:

SET PASSWORD = PASSWORD("mypassword\n");

This is an edge case... I think to address your original concern, try
Jarcec's suggestion of using "echo -n". ie:

>>> echo -n "hi" | hexdump

0000000 68 69

0000002

>>> echo -n "hi" > /tmp/mypw.txt