sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: sqoop2 submission problems.
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2014 16:52:02 GMT
I would recommend to check configuration files that you have correct configs and libraries.
This exception is very common when configs does not correspond to the libraries that are used.

Did you followed up the installation docs at:

http://sqoop.apache.org/docs/1.99.3/Installation.html

Jarcec

On Jul 23, 2014, at 11:32 PM, Justin Lee <justin.lee@mongodb.com> wrote:

> It's a stock sqoop 1.99.3 and hadoop 2.4 download.
>
> --------------------------------
>
> { name     : "Justin Lee",
>   title    : "Software Engineer",
>   twitter  : "@evanchooly",
>   web      : [ "10gen.com", "antwerkz.com" ],
>   location : "New York, NY" }
>

> On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 10:39 PM, Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jarcec@apache.org> wrote:
> What about distribution? Tarballs downloaded from Apache website or any commercial distribution?
>
> Jarcec
>
> On Jul 22, 2014, at 7:40 AM, Justin Lee <justin.lee@mongodb.com> wrote:
>
> > 2.4
> >
> > --------------------------------
> >
> > { name     : "Justin Lee",
> >   title    : "Software Engineer",
> >   twitter  : "@evanchooly",
> >   web      : [ "10gen.com", "antwerkz.com" ],
> >   location : "New York, NY" }
> >

> > On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 4:32 PM, Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jarcec@apache.org> wrote:
> > What Hadoop distribution and version are you using?
> >
> > Jarcec
> >
> > On Jul 22, 2014, at 7:29 AM, Justin Lee <justin.lee@mongodb.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I got sidetracked by other issues but I'm still having this problem.  I'm not
sure what's missing here.  Do I need to copy any sqoop jars over to the hadoop lib folders?
 I'd be less confused if it was my own stuff it couldn't find.  I followed the directions
(http://sqoop.apache.org/docs/1.99.3/Installation.html) and I don't seem to have missed anything.
 Any ideas?

> > > --------------------------------
> > >
> > > { name     : "Justin Lee",
> > >   title    : "Software Engineer",
> > >   twitter  : "@evanchooly",
> > >   web      : [ "10gen.com", "antwerkz.com" ],
> > >   location : "New York, NY" }
> > >

> > > On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 3:19 PM, Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jarcec@apache.org>
wrote:
> > > I’ve seen this particular problem several times. So far it was always caused
by Sqoop 2 server miss configuration in map reduce libraries and configuration - either by
having configured yarn (MR2) while having MR1 libraries on the class path or vice versa. Hence
I would suggest to verify the deployment.

> > > Jarcec

and getting an error:

hdfs to resolve it but I'm not sure why I'd need to do this with sqoop jars.  If this is necessary
for sqoop2 to function, then sqoop2 should take care of this step.  Am I missing some step
not mentioned on that page?