sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Alessandra Tiengo <atie...@daisylabs.it>
Subject Import NULL value HBase
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2014 15:05:22 GMT
Hi,
I imported a table in HDFS from a SQL database using SQOOP. Null values have been replaced
by "null" string, so a row is (for instance): rowkey, value1, value2, null, null

After that I imported the data from HDFS to a HBase table using first org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapreduce.ImportTsv
and then org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapreduce.LoadIncrementalHFiles.
How can I manage these "null" values so that they are not imported in the HBase table?
Currently they are present as "null" string.

I also tried to use --null-string '\\N' --null-non-string '\\N', but HBase stored \N.

Thanks,

Alessandra

Alessandra Tiengo
DaisyLabs
Polo Tecnologico
Via Fratelli Cuzio 42
Pavia (PV), 27100 Italy

Mobile: +39.392 9631888
desk: +39.0382 1726245
fax: + 39.0382  049387
e-mail: atiengo@daisylabs.it<mailto:atiengo@daisylabs.it>
www: www.daisylabs.it<https://mail.daisylabs.it/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=https://mail.daisylabs.it/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.daisylabs.it>
P  Rispettiamo l'ambiente. Se non รจ necessario, non stampare questa mail