sqoop-user mailing list archives

From David Robson <David.Rob...@software.dell.com>
Subject RE: Import Partitions from Oracle to Hive Partitions
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2014 00:08:21 GMT
Yes now that you mention Sqoop is limited to one partition in Hive I do remember that! I would
think we could modify Sqoop to create subfolders for each partition - instead of how it now
creates a separate file for each partition? This would probably be limited to the direct (OraOop)
connector as it is aware of partitions (existing connector doesn't read data dictionary directly).

In the meantime Venkat - you could look at the option I mentioned - then manually move the
files into separate folders - at least you'll have each partition in a separate file rather
than spread throughout all files. The other thing you could look at is the option below -
you could run one Sqoop job per partition:

Specify The Partitions To Import

-Doraoop.import.partitions=PartitionA,PartitionB --table OracleTableName

Imports PartitionA and PartitionB of OracleTableName.

Notes:
You can enclose an individual partition name in double quotes to retain the letter case or
if the name has special characters.
-Doraoop.import.partitions='"PartitionA",PartitionB' --table
OracleTableName
If the partition name is not double quoted then its name will be automatically converted
to upper case, PARTITIONB for above.
When using double quotes the entire list of partition names must be enclosed in
single quotes.
If the last partition name in the list is double quoted then there must be a comma at the
end of the list. -Doraoop.import.partitions='"PartitionA","PartitionB",' --table OracleTableName

Name each partition to be included. There is no facility to provide a range of partition names.

There is no facility to define sub partitions. The entire partition is included/excluded as
per the filter.