sqoop-user mailing list archives

From "Sethuramaswamy, Suresh " <suresh.sethuramasw...@credit-suisse.com>
Subject Sqoop Import to Hive excluding a column
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2014 18:43:53 GMT
Hi,

Am running into an issue where I want to load data everyday into a partitioned table via sqoop
from Oracle to Hive , where the partition key is part of the table columns.

ERROR tool.ImportTool: Imported Failed: Partition key <partition_column> cannot be a
column to import.

Is there any other way I can exclude a particular column from import ( I know - - columns
is an option but mentioning 99 columns to exclude  1 out of 100  columns is a painful option).

Suresh Sethuramaswamy