sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Man Tat Lam <mantat....@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: --map-column-java CLOBCOL=String Programmatically
Date Sat, 09 Aug 2014 16:55:59 GMT
Hi Jarcec,
  Thanks for the quick response.  Appreciated your help.
mantat

> Subject: Re: --map-column-java CLOBCOL=String Programmatically
> From: jarcec@apache.org
> Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2014 09:04:05 -0700
> To: user@sqoop.apache.org
>
> Hi Mantat,
> we have currently two major versions of Sqoop. Original Sqoop 1 that exposes command
line interface that you seem to be familiar with. As the original Sqoop do have architectural
limitations we’re intensively working on Sqoop 2 that offers  the Java API that you are
looking at. Sqoop 2 is currently on version 1.99.3 and as the version number suggest it’s
not “2.0” yet.

> For example Sqoop 2 currently do not offers ability override column mapping and that
is why you don’t see that option in the API. If you need to override the mapping you should
remain using Sqoop 1 for the time being. Please do note that Sqoop 1 does not offer Java API
that you can easily plug-in.

> Jarcec
>
> On Aug 9, 2014, at 8:39 AM, Man Tat Lam <mantat.lam@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > It is related to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP-1079,
> >
> > I am following http://sqoop.apache.org/docs/1.99.2/ClientAPI.html "JOB" "Below given
code shows how to create a import job" section. Everything is working perfectly except the
CLOB in oracle are not import correctly. Since I am creating and submitting the MJob programmatically.
How do I add the "--map-column-java CLOBCOL=String" in the MJob or MJobForms?